As a Personal Shopper, your primary focus will be to provide guided shopping and styling services to guests, both on demand and by appointment. Armed with knowledge of our retailers and their collections, combined with your personal knowledge of trends and styling, you will help facilitate the shopping needs of our customers. You will work hand-in-hand with the Manager of Customer Experience, as well our Concierge team, to provide an elevated experience to our guests.
While your main function will be personal shopping, you will flex as needed to help cover the responsibilities of a Customer Experience Associate.
Personal Shopping roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Welcome customers (guests, shoppers, tenants) in a warm, gracious manner.
- Proactively recruit potential customers for the personal shopping service, both inside and outside of The Shops.
- Build and maintain a client book of guests using the personal shopping service.
- Maintain relationships with regular clients of The Shops, ensuring that they return to Hudson Yards on an ongoing basis for their shopping needs.
- Stay current with the latest information on the shops, restaurants and attractions, including brand profiles, merchandise collections, and events/promotions.
- Foster and maintain relationships with our retailers. Develop key contacts to work with on personal shopping appointments.
- Provide support as needed during in-store shopping and styling events.
Additional Customer Experience roles and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proactively seek out and develop rapport with customers by assessing what is important to them and addressing it.
- Share information with customers when interactions with them require it.
- Guide customers to their destinations.
- Anticipate and answer customer inquiries.
- Facilitate various guest services, including restaurant reservations, attraction ticketing, gift card sales, merchandise returns, and shipping of customers’ purchases.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, concerns, or complaints; relay pertinent information to management.
- Ensure the retail center remains clean and tidy at all times; enlist the help of housekeeping crew, when necessary.
- Participate in loss prevention and risk management protocols; report security/safety concerns or threats to security personnel, immediately.
- Assist with retail center events and activities.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis, as needed.
- Help management with other tasks and requests as needed.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
- 2+ years’ experience in a luxury sales environment.
- Background in styling, professionally or through education.
- Experience in hospitality or guest services a plus.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading). Additional languages highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work toward, and achieve, sales goals.
- Ability to guide others in their shopping and styling choices while maintaining a unique and individual sense of style.
- Warm, engaging, charismatic; natural ability to develop rapport with others in an authentic and sincere manner
- Practices good judgment; high level of integrity
- Proactive; takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Resourceful; thinks critically and finds solutions even without the obvious resources
- Agile and resilient; able to navigate challenging situations while remaining positive
- Observant; keen attention to detail
Hudson Yards is New York’s newest neighborhood and home to more than 100 diverse shops and culinary experiences, offices for leaders in industry, significant public art and dynamic cultural institutions including The Shed, modern residences, 14 acres of public plazas, gardens and groves and the world’s first Equinox Hotel®. Hudson Yards has become the cultural center of Manhattan’s New West Side. A template for the future of cities, this new neighborhood has not only changed the way New York looks to the world, but the way the world sees New York.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer