The Rock Creek Foundation, which remains part of the Affiliated Santé Group today, pioneered the community-based treatment of individuals with both psychiatric needs and developmental disabilities, employing values-based management services. Those services included the first private fee-for-service outpatient mental health center and psychiatric rehabilitation program in the State of Maryland. Rock Creek’s ground-breaking treatment and service delivery strategies were praised by the President’s Committee on Mental Retardation in 1979 as a “program of national significance.” At the time, direct state funding and grants were not available to enable low-income individuals and families to access such innovative services. RCF’s commitment to serving all populations led the organization to secure Medicaid funding for such services, a new use of Medicaid funds at the time.
Benefits of working for RCF:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Our clinical teams are highly trained and nationally recognized
- We provide training, supervision, and assistance with CEUs and licensing costs
- Work life balance - we value family, flexibility, and vacation time
The Rock Creek Foundation is looking for a Full Time Personal Support Service Counselor will provide individual and group services to consumers. The hourly rate for this position ranges from $12.00-12.50.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and/or one (1) year of related experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Maryland Board of Nursing CMT course, as well as other DDA core trainings.
- Must have knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must be able to be trained on Electronic Medical Record Software.
- Must be able to work with “high-risk” consumers who have mental illnesses as well as developmental and physical disabilities (ie: must have patience, and must be able to effectively communicate with diverse consumers, etc.).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists individual in achieving personal support goals as stated in their annual person-centered plan, which may entail taking individual on social/recreational activities, getting haircut, grocery/clothes shopping, assist in meal preparation, assisting individual with maintenance of their personal space, etc.
- Assist individual in preparing weekly schedule of activities based on person centered plan goals
- Counsels residents in identifying and resolving social or other problems
- Compiles records of daily activities for assigned individual.
- Submits incident reports on Electronic Medical Record as needed
- Supervises individual on sponsored trips and social functions
- Ascertains need for emergency medical services (911) if needed
- Transports individual in personal vehicle
- Escorts individuals on trips outside establishment for shopping
- Plans menus and assists in preparing meals, if needed
- Attends dress and physical appearance of persons served, if needed
- Ensures compliance with COMAR, MNOB and Company regulations
- Implements annual person centered plan and record appropriate data
- Attends mandatory meetings
- Check’s work email at the beginning and end of each shift
- Checks for consumer goals, messages and daily diary notes in the electronic medical record at the beginning of each shift
- Updates consumer goals, messages and daily diary notes in the electronic medical record at the end of each shift
- Participates in and successfully completes all required trainings
- Other duties as assigned
We expect all staff to have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service; to comply with the rules and regulations of those organizations to which we are accountable; to have high ethical and professional standards of conduct; and to have an attitude of wanting to continuously improve their own professional performance. Must be able to effectively, and professionally communicate with other staff and individuals served. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be familiar with COMAR regulations and have a commitment to the public interest.
Rock Creek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Rock Creek Foundation participates in E-Verify.