Active Wellness is looking for stellar Personal Trainers to join our growing team and help us continue to deliver exceptional service and guidance to our clients and members. As a Personal Trainer, you have the opportunity to impact the lives of our members and help them reach new levels of health and fitness.
The Personal Trainer is responsible for managing the fitness floor, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating Active Wellness members on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment. This person also performs assessments, provides package prescriptions, answers fitness, and wellness-related questions, and sells personal training packages.
- Coach and motivate members at every stage of their fitness journey
- Schedule and conduct new member onboarding sessions, including conducting fitness assessments (movement and postural assessment, body composition tests)
- Explain and enforce facility regulations, policies, and procedures to the member, guests, employees, and third-party vendors
- Sell and deliver personal training sessions to clients
- Schedule and conduct new member onboarding sessions
- Assist with new member outreach and follow-up with low users
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their workouts
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor, racking weights. Includes picking up loose towels, water bottles, magazines, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Perform fitness assessments (movement and posture assessments, blood pressure checks, body composition tests) as requested by members
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals
- Assist in the development and implementation of new fitness programs/classes
- Administer emergency care to members and guests in need of assistance
- Monitor activities of members and guests on the fitness floor and minimized the possibility of injury
- Work as a TEAM with all other departments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
What you bring to the Team
- 4-year college degree in fitness-related field or certificate from an accredited 2-year program at a university preferred
- National Personal Training Certification(s) required (see approved Certification, Licenses and Permits list) as well as modality-specific certifications as required by the role
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Previous health club personal training experience is a plus
- Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper form
- Knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, injury prevention, basic rehabilitation, basic movement, posture assessments, body composition assessments, and basic nutrition
- Ability to calculate target heart rate
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills and basic computer skills
- Be knowledgeable about all programs, activities offered by Active Wellness and promote services/activities
- Attend Active Wellness site meetings and training
- Be well-organized and highly efficient when managing your work.