Who we are
At 24 Hour Fitness we are dedicated to our mission of creating a healthier, happier world. We are passionate about providing a fitness community that is accessible, affordable, and welcoming to everyone. We're on the hunt for team members who are committed to being the best part of each other's day and who have a genuine desire to help our members achieve results they can feel proud of.
As a member of the personal training team, you have the distinctive advantage of sharing dedicated one-on-one time with guests and members. This advantage deepens the impact your role has on changing members' lives through direct connection and meaningful client relationships.
The sneakers you will fill
As a Personal Trainer (PT) at 24 Hour Fitness you will train clients in both one-on-one and small group settings. You will discover clients' individual needs and design training plans that will enable them to realize their specific goals. You will be the spark that inspires someone to train as a way to achieve their goals and live a healthier, happier life. You will be the connection between members coming in with a wish and leaving with results.
How you will spend your days
* Demonstrate and champion the value of personal training by creating an outstanding training experience for new and existing clients that is tailored to meet their individual needs
* Build and nurture client relationships based on your ability to listen, hear, and empathize with each member's needs and goals
* Motivate and inspire clients to a successful outcome by setting goals, creating customized workout plans, and tracking progress
* Create and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients' goals that include appropriate exercise selection and fitness lifestyle education
* Continuously attract and retain new clients through individualized attention and client results
What you bring
* A solid grasp of the principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique
* Desire to coach, motivate, and inspire members at every stage of their fitness journey
* Exceptional, individualized customer service and ability to grow and retain a loyal client base through building relationships
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification
* Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Fitness or related field, or an approved Personal Training Certification (listed below):
* AAAI-ISMA, AAPT, ACE, ACSM, AFPA, BOC-ATC, Bryan College, Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research, C.H.E.K, FPTI, Globe University, IFPA, ISSA, NAFC, NASM, NCCPT, NCEP, NCSF, NESTA, NETA, NFPT, NPTI, NSCA, NSPA, PFIT, PTA Global, W.I.T.S.
* Prior Personal Trainer experience and experience in presenting and selling training and nutritional products is preferred, but not required
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time, and moving for prolonged periods of time.
* Regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds of fitness-related equipment.
* Must be able to adjust and operate all fitness equipment.
* The noise level in the environment is occasionally high. The sound of weights clinking, feet flying across treadmills, and the laughter of lives changing can get loud.
* Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* Flexible availability across week days, weekends, and holidays is necessary to maximize your opportunity to gain and retain clients.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. See Job Description for further information about this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled