HealthFitness has agreat opportunity for an on-call (number of hours dependent on number of clients)Personal Trainer located at our client site in Gaithersburg, MD. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of results, providing one-on-onepersonaltraining to members participating in the program, and educating them about the fundamentals of strength and cardiovascular training, as well as the proper and safe use of applicable equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing one-on-one and/or buddy personal training.
- Provide a detailed orientation that addresses the aerobic, strength and flexibility components of the exercise program.
- Educate about the fundamentals of strength and aerobic training, as well as the proper and safe use of equipment.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- CurrentPersonalTraining certification from ACE, AFAA,ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- At least one year of Personal Training experience.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, or relateddiscipline.
- Proficient at fitness assessments.
- Strong interpersonalcommunicationand customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to personalize participant programs to meetindividual needs in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and aspart of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong documentation skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.