Summary & Reports to:
Join the Personal Training Team which is responsible for providing various personal training services that offer members programs to maximize workout efficiency, improve fitness, enjoy their fitness experience and improve overall sense of well-being. This is a full time position.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develop safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive personal training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitor and instruct clients during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of strength training equipment, cardiovascular and flexibility.
- Educate members on current health and fitness issues and trends
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, medical history, lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs
- Deliver personal training programs based on the client’s ability and goals
- Complete and maintain accurate and current client files, while weighing each week & completing body measurements once per month
- Fulfill member service requirement, up to 30 hours per week – duties may include the following:
- Fitness assessments and equipment orientations
- Edge Challenge events
- Floor service
Sales & Promotion:
- Promote and sell Edge Fitness programs, services, and products
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals
- Develop and maintain a personal training client base
Managerial & Supervisory:
- Complete all administrative requirements associated with each client’s fitness plan
- Attend all PT department, “all club”, and one on one meetings
- Complete all assigned Edge Fitness University courses
- Remain current on certifications and new trends in the industry
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree in exercise science, sports medicine, or other related field preferred
- One year personal training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
- Certified Personal Trainer (minimum of one certification)
- CPR/AED certification
- Obtain one of the core four certifications within 6 months of hire: NASM, ACE, ISSA or NSCA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is no travel required for this position.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a non-exempt full-time position with varied hours based on business needs. This position requires night and weekend hours.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.