HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for multiple part-time (approximately 19 hours per week)Personal Trainerswithin ourMassachusetts Institute of Technology Recreation program located in Cambridge, Massachusetts!In this position, you will be responsible for conducting fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of results, providing one-on-onepersonaltraining to members participating in the program, and educating them about the fundamentals of strength and cardiovascular training, as well as the proper and safe use of applicable equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one and/or buddy personal training.
- Provide a detailed orientation that addresses the aerobic, strength and flexibility components of the exercise program.
- Educate about the fundamentals of strength and aerobic training, as well as the proper and safe use of equipment.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- CurrentPersonalTraining certification from ACE, AFAA,ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
- AED/CPR/FirstAid certifications from either American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, or relateddiscipline.
- Atleast one year ofPersonalTrainingexperience.
- Proficient at fitness assessments.
- Strong interpersonalcommunicationand customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to personalize participant programs to meetindividual needs in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and aspart of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong documentation skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.