HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a part-time (approximately 10-20 hours per week) Personal Trainer within our Massachusetts Institute of Technology Recreation program located in Cambridge, Massachusetts! In this position, you will be responsible for conducting fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of results, providing one-on-one personal training to members participating in the program, and educating them about the fundamentals of strength and cardiovascular training, as well as the proper and safe use of applicable equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one and/or buddy personal training.
- Provide a detailed orientation that addresses the aerobic, strength and flexibility components of the exercise program.
- Educate about the fundamentals of strength and aerobic training, as well as the proper and safe use of equipment.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Current Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
- AED/CPR/First Aid certifications from either American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, or related discipline.
- At least one year of Personal Training experience.
- Proficient at fitness assessments.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to personalize participant programs to meet individual needs in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong documentation skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.