HealthFitness has agreat opportunity for a part-time (# of hours depend on # of sessions scheduled)Personal Trainer located at our client site in Racine, WI. In this position, you will be responsiblefor conducting fitness testing and assessments and advising participants of results; developing personalized exercise programs for individuals or groups and assisting them during their workouts; and promoting a lifelong adherence to a healthy lifestyle through realistic goal-setting and education regarding the fundamentals and benefits of strength and cardiovascular training as well as the proper and safe use of applicable equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops safe and effective exercise programs for individuals of various fitness levels.
- Conducts health and fitness assessments and educates individuals on results/findings.
- Provides a detailed orientation that addresses the aerobic, strength and flexibility components of the exercise program.
- Educates participants about the fundamentals of strength and aerobic training, as well as the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Builds relationships with members and provides great customer service; maintains punctuality for appointments, checks email and voicemail regularly and issues timely responses, and effectively answers questions regarding facility, programs, and special events.
- Accurately records sessions for payment purposes.
- Participates in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled and supports facility programs and events.
- Reports and documents any safety hazards/accidents and prepares accident reports as required.
- Maintains certifications as required.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Fitness Management, Physical Therapy, Sports Management or a related field and/or a currentPersonalTraining certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM, or NSCA is required.
- Current CPR certification through the AHA or American Red Cross is required; basic first aid knowledge is also required.
- Prior experience in personal training is strongly preferred, but it is not a requirement.
- Proficient at fitness assessments.
- Strong interpersonalcommunication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to personalize participant programs to meet individual needs in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong documentation skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.