Personal Trainer AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Writes exercise techniques that are appropriate for the fitness level of client’s needs.
- Instructs the member/client with clear and concise instruction, easy for the participants to follow.
- Instructs each class within ACSM (“American College of Sports Medicine”), NSCA (“National Strength and Conditioning Association”), ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association) IFPA (International Fitness Professionals Association) and ACE (“American Council on Exercise”) guidelines and ensures participants avoid any injury-prone exercises.
- Maintains active certification in a recognized certifying organization, such as NSCA, ACSM, ISSA, ACE, IFPA or similar organization. Stays current with trends in group exercise through attendance at workshops, reading professional journals and networking with other fitness leaders.
- Instructs classes in accordance with CHWC policies and procedures and maintains a friendly and safe environment.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of 1-year experience training clients required
- High School Graduate or GED
- BLS and AED Certification required upon hire
- Personal Trainer certification required upon hire
- Land instructors must be certified through NSCA, ACSM, ISSA, ACE, IFPA or have a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
Reporting to the Wellness Director at the CREATION Health Wellness Center (CHWC) at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills (FHZ) instructs personal training session or group exercise classes for the CHWC members and guests. Instructs sessions based on safe, appropriate and acceptable exercise movements and programs in a group or 1 on 1 setting. Training sessions instruction will comply with nationally recognized certification standards.