Purpose and Scope
Responsible for directing a staff and the efficient and effective methods of pest control to maintain a pest-free environment in district facilities and grounds.
Essential Job Functions
Bachelor's degree in Facility Maintenance plus an additional 5 years related experience, or equivalent, for a total education/experience of 9 years. Requires district pest control license.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to swiftly and accurately understand complex data and perform analysis
- Skill in developing data-supported solutions and using fact-based logic; ability to translate complex analysis in easy-to-understand manner and present to a broad audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to build high-performing teams through both recruitment and selection and professional development
- Ability to tackle the operational challenges of the merged school district in a complex, changing political and educational environment
- Ability to manage daily administrative tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
Shelby County Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the District to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.