Position Summary: Provide uncompromised service to Arrow's commercial pest control customers utilizing an Integrated Pest Management approach (IPM). Schedule services with customers and Inspect & treat inside and outside areas of customer properties for pests including attics and crawl spaces.
- Comply with company and label safety procedures
- Comply with product label, state and federal regulations, and company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Comply with audited customer program account requirements
- Schedule and keep appointments with customers
- Interact and ask questions of customers to determine customer concerns and existing conditions
- Perform thorough inspection and evaluation of customer properties including interior, exterior, attics, and crawlspaces, and grounds
- Properly identify insects, pest activity, harborage areas, and conducive conditions
- Determine best course of service
- Explain to customer the service procedures and answer questions
- Provide service in accordance with our proprietary STEPS Total Protection System utilizing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) solutions
- Inspect, scan, sign, and bait installed rodent traps
- Document service using handheld technology or complete accurate and legible service documents and provide to customer
- Sell additional services to existing and prospective customers
- Draw diagrams/graphs of treatment areas per company guidelines
- Provide marketing collateral to customer
- Collect service payments from customers
- Respond to service call backs as required by the customer
- May require additional certifications and background screening depending on client requirements and facility being serviced
- Report issues to manager as per company policy
- Operate company vehicle in compliance with Vehicle Responsibility Agreement
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working order
- Wash and clean vehicle and ensure proper maintenance and repairs
- Complete internal reports as requested by manager
- Maintain timesheets within company policy
- Attend and complete training and meetings as required
- Perform other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer Service' Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes active listening, assessing customer needs, and meeting quality standards for services.
- Compliance & Safety' Knowledge of relevant equipment, regulation, procedures, and documentation to ensure effective, compliant, and safe treatment and services.
- English Language' Ability to write, speak, and communicate in English and ability to read and understand technical product labels.
- Monitoring' Ability to assess and evaluate current or previous pest activity on the interior and exterior of a structure.
- Math ' Ability to calculate dosages and perform basic math and ability to draw, mark, and analyze diagrams legibly.
- Critical Thinking' Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and determine best solutions.
- Compliance with Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check upon offer of employment
- Ability to pass and maintain any state regulatory agency required licensing/certification exams
- Able to pass internal technical exams
- Possess current Driver License in the state where you work, ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a driving record consistent with company standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Present a professional appearance including wearing an approved Arrow uniform
- Able to work a 40-hour (minimum) work week
- Willing to work a flexible schedule depending on customer's service requirement
- The work environment and physical demands described below is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job.
- Constant mobility including walking, crawling, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting, looking, probing, climbing, pushing, pulling, balancing, stretching and standing for long periods
- Climbing into attics and crawling in crawlspaces
- Daily physical labor
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Driving of automatic vehicle
- Environmental Factors:
- Work both indoors and outdoors, in various weather conditions
- May withstand extreme conditions such as heat in an attic in Summer or chill of crawlspace in Winter
- Exposure to vegetation, dust, dirt, insects and animal remains
- Some work in cramped spaces
We are an Equal Opportunity and a Drug-Free Workplace
(The job description is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job, nor is it intended to limit opportunities for necessary modifications).