Position Summary: Provide uncompromised service to Arrow's residential and commercial customers through proper treatment of buildings and structures for termites and other wood destroying organisms (WDO). Termite Service Professionals will also install crawl space moisture barriers and vents.
- Comply with company and label safety procedures
- Comply with product label, state and federal regulations, and company policies, procedures, and pricing guidelines
- Keep scheduled appointments with customers
- Determine prescribed treatment as marked on inspection graph and specification sheet
- Prepare site areas for treatment by removing and hauling off debris as prescribed
- Apply any of the following wood destroying organism treatments and techniques to customer buildings and structures:
- Termite bait station (Sentricon) installation with auger and digging tools
- Trenching and applying liquid treatment to exterior or crawl space perimeters of structures
- Drilling and applying liquid treatment to void spaces or blocks in the crawl spaces and structures
- Spray application of product to affected areas
- Scrape off termite shelter tunnels
- Install moisture vapor barriers and vent shields in crawl spaces
- Determine opportunity for and sell additional services
- Provide marketing collateral to customer
- Collect service payments from customers
- Respond to service call backs as required by the customer
- Report damages to manager as per company policy
- Operate company vehicle in compliance with Vehicle Responsibility Agreement
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working order
- Wash and clean vehicle and ensure proper maintenance and repairs
- Maintain timesheets within company policy
- Attend and complete training and meetings as required
- Perform other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes active listening, assessing customer needs, and meeting quality standards for services.
- Compliance & Safety - Knowledge of relevant equipment, regulation, procedures, and documentation to ensure effective, compliant, and safe treatment and services.
- English Language - Ability to write, speak, and ability to read and understand technical product labels and service agreements.
- Monitoring - Ability to assess and evaluate current or previous pest activity on the interior and exterior of a structure.
- Math - Ability to calculate and perform basic math, determine mix ratios and volumetric output, ability to analyze diagrams.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and determine best solutions.
- Compliance with Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check upon offer of employment
- Ability to pass and maintain any state regulatory agency required licensing/certification exams
- Able to pass internal technical exams
- Possess current Driver License in the state where you work, ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a driving record consistent with company standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Present a professional appearance including wearing an approved Arrow uniform
- Able to work a 40-hour (minimum) work week
- Willing to work evenings, weekends, or outside business hours as needed
The work environment and physical demands described below is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job.
- Constant mobility including walking, crawling, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting, looking, probing, climbing, pushing, pulling, balancing, stretching and standing for long periods
- Climbing into attics and crawling in crawlspaces
- Probing timbers, trenching, operating hand tools and application equipment
- Daily physical labor
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Driving of automatic vehicle
- Work both indoors and outdoors, in various weather conditions
- May withstand extreme conditions such as heat in an attic in Summer or chill of crawlspace in Winter
- Exposure to vegetation, dust, dirt, insects and animal remains
- Work in cramped spaces
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
(The job description is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job, nor is it intended to limit opportunities for necessary modifications)