Position Summary: Provide uncompromised service to Arrow's residential and commercial wildlife control customers through exclusion, trapping, and removal of wildlife. Exclusion includes sealing, caulking, or installation of sheet metal to soffits, gutter lines, roof ridges, vents, and voids etc. This work is often done from rooftops or ladders and may require basic carpentry.
- Comply with company and label safety procedures
- Comply with product label, state and federal regulations, and company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Keep scheduled appointments with customers
- Interact and ask questions of customers to determine customer concerns and existing conditions
- Perform thorough inspection and evaluation of customer properties including interior, exterior, attics, and crawlspaces
- Properly identify wildlife, wildlife damage, activity, harborage, trails, droppings, and entry points
- Determine best course of service
- Explain to customer the service procedures and answer questions
- Perform exclusion work using industry standard hand and power tools
- Light carpentry work may be required
- Able to work from rooftops or ladders reaching up to 60' and tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces
- Install and monitor traps daily
- Remove/relocate captured wildlife
- Document service using handheld technology or complete accurate and legible service documents and provide to customer
- Sell additional services to existing and prospective customers
- Provide marketing collateral to customer
- Collect service payments from customers
- Respond to service call backs as required by the customer
- Report issues to manager as per company policy
- Operate company vehicle in compliance with Vehicle Responsibility Agreement
- Wash and clean vehicle and ensure proper maintenance and repairs
- Maintain timesheets within company policy
- Attend and complete training and meetings as required
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working order
- Perform other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes active listening, assessing customer needs, and meeting quality standards for services.
- Mechanical & Safety - Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, regulation, operation procedures, and documentation to ensure effective, compliant, and safe operation and services.
- English Language - Ability to write, speak, and communicate in English and ability to read and understand technical product labels.
- Monitoring - Ability to locate, assess, and evaluate current or previous wildlife activity
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and measurements and ability to draw, mark, and analyze diagrams legibly.
- Critical Thinking & Reasoning - Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and determine best solutions.
- Problem Sensitivity - Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Compliance with Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check upon offer of employment
- Ability to pass and maintain any state regulatory agency required licensing/certification exams
- Able to pass internal technical exams
- Possess current Driver License in the state where you work, ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a driving record consistent with company standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Present a professional appearance including wearing an approved Arrow uniform
- Able to work a 40-hour (minimum) work week
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
- The work environment and physical demands described below is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job.
- Requires constant mobility including walking, climbing ladders, crawling, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting, looking, probing, climbing, pushing, pulling, balancing, picking up and carrying heavy items, stretching and standing for long periods
- Climbing onto roofs, into attics and crawling in crawlspaces
- Working from elevated positions on ladders
- Daily physical labor
- Donning safety gear for extended periods of time including steel toed boots, eye protection, gloves, fall arrest gear, hard hats, hearing protection, respirators, long sleeves, etc.
- Lifting up to 75lbs
- Operation of hand and power tools
- Driving of automatic vehicle
- Work both indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions
- May withstand extreme conditions such as heat in an attic in Summer or chill of crawlspace in Winter
- Exposure to vegetation, dust, dirt, insects and animal remains
- Some work in cramped spaces
- May encounter or work with insulation
We are an Equal Opportunity and a Drug-Free Workplace
(The job description is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job, nor is it intended to limit opportunities for necessary modifications).