We are located in West St. Louis County and are looking for a full-time groomer to join our team. Our groomers groom anywhere between 10-25 dogs per day and receive 20% on all grooms. Salary between $30,000-$50,000 yearly. Can work 4-5 days weekly. Groomers at this location get their pets done in the AM and leave when all their pets are finished for the day. On slower days, it is only required that you stay until 12 pm. Holidays not required.
Grooms pets by obtaining service requirements; performing grooming services; maintaining supplies; resolving pet owner concerns.
* Obtains service requests by taking orders from pet owners.
* Assesses pet condition by interviewing pet owner; inspecting pets.
* Grooms pets by gathering grooming tools and supplies; bathing, brushing, combing, trimming, de-matting, drying, scissoring, clipping and filing nails, cleaning ears, and deodorizing according to breed or mixed breed anatomy and speicfications; applying special precautions for puppies and kittens, and aged and disabled pets; removing fleas and ticks.
* Controls pets by easing pet anxieties; reducing behavioral issues.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Controls costs by conserving use of equipment and supplies.
* Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
* Maintains quality results by following standards.
* Protects pets, pet owners, and self by adhering to safety policies and procedures.
* Resolves customer dissatisfactions by listening to and resolving concerns; providing information.
* Maintains pet records by documenting services; updating information.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Verbal Communication, Listening, Scheduling, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Attendance, Patience, Client Relationships
20% tips on all grooms