Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our Sapp Bros. team! At Sapp Bros., Inc., we take pride in our hard-working employees by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits plan to meet your needs. We are currently looking for a teammate to join our Petroleum team as a Delivery Driver.
As a Local CDL Truck Driver, you will be responsible for the safe loading, transportation, and delivery of packaged petroleum products (cases, pails, drums of motor oils, greases, chemicals) directly to a customer's place of business. Our delivery driver position is local 8am-5pm Monday through Friday; you are home every night and weekend!
* Transporting and delivering the products of Sapp Bros., Inc. in a professional, safe, efficient, timely and legal manner
* Securing all case products, drums, pails, and other essential tools required by the job, by using any company approved securing method; which will include, but is not limited to, the use of wrapped pallets, straps, tie downs, etc.
* Loading and unloading trailers when required while performing frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of products and applicable tools for the job
* Successfully completing 4-6 weeks of On the Job Training
* Completing all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under State and Federal Laws and Regulations
* Ensuring that all operations are in compliance with State and Federal Laws and Regulations, as well as, the policies of Sapp Bros., Inc.
* Representing Sapp Bros., Inc. to our customers, the public and the Trucking Industry in a professional manner and deliver 5 star service at all times
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
In this Local CDL Truck Driver role, you must be focused on safety, detail-oriented, and able to do the job right the first time!
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B with hazmat
* Possess a current DOT health card
* An excellent driving and safety record
* Pass Criminal Background Check; including: Motor Vehicle Records, D.O.T., and Employment reference verification
* Must have a negative result on all drug & alcohol screening tests, pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and random
* Basic knowledge of lubricants (different brands and weights i.e.) preferred
* Able to remain alert while driving for periods of time, up to, 8 hours
* Able to squat, crouch, and reach, as needed, to handle, secure and deliver our products
* Able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab numerous times each day
* Able to push freight weighing up to 1,000 lbs. on a dolly or cart and able to move product up to 80 lbs. with or without mechanical aid
* Able to handle any special equipment required in the delivery of our products
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Uniform provided by Sapp Bros.
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!