COMPANY SUMMARY: SPATCO Energy Solutions has been the leader in the fueling infrastructure industry since 1935. We provide a complete line of equipment and services for storing, pumping, mixing and metering petroleum and industrial liquids. We offer turnkey development of retail and commercial facilities, as well as offering custom design and build capabilities. Our customers come from a variety of industries including retail fueling stations, commercial and government fleets. SPATCO currently operates 16 branch locations with a dedicated training facility in North Carolina, and growing service satellites throughout the Southeast. We are dedicated to providing top notch customer service, and we are recruiting professionals with that same commitment to customer service excellence that can take our growth to the next level.
SPATCO is looking for an energetic Experienced Petroleum Service Technician to join our team. This person must have the ability and aptitude to learn from each other and understand specific technical training and procedures! SPATCO provides complete and thorough training, which is a combination of vendor training/certification, and monitored field experience. The skills obtained to become very proficient in the field come from a combination of training and experiences gained from working in “the field” on this unique equipment mix. Technician Proficiency is the key to having a profitable branch and being employed with SPATCO. In summary a Petroleum Service Technician is a unique position.
• Service Tech must fill out all paper work associated with the service call on site NO EXCEPTIONS and call into Vendors if it is warranty and close the call and get close out number, then call the dispatcher after each call is complete. (H-1, RGA, Core information, etc.)
• Take daily directions from the Service Manager or Service Dispatcher on calls to be performed.
• Follow and abide by SP&T service call procedures.
• Be available for work at all times in an “on-call” status rotating schedule.
• Be able to perform troubleshooting and minor repairs of petroleum product leaks in the hydraulic pumping area of petroleum dispensing pumps and dispensers).
• Perform meter calibration certification.
• Be able to perform troubleshooting and repair of Fleet Fueling Systems (such as: PetroVend, Gasboy, and/or Fuel Master).
• Be able to perform troubleshooting and repair of mechanical flow meters (used for metering the flow rate of petroleum products in a dispensing unit).
• Be able to perform troubleshooting and repair of electronic tank monitors (such as: Veeder-Root, Incon, Red Jacket, and/or PetroVend).
• Be able to perform troubleshooting and repair of electronic POS (Point-of-Sale) terminals (such as: VeriFone, Dresser Wayne, Gilbarco)
• Be able to perform troubleshooting problems with electrical wiring, and possess the ability to interpret and follow wiring diagrams.
• Be able to perform troubleshooting and repairs (to electronic board level and/or part) of gasoline dispensing units (such as: Gilbarco, Dresser Wayne, Gasboy, Tokheim, Bennett, and/or Schlumberger).
• Communicate with warehouse personnel in order to verify inventory and replenish what is needed on truck and to remove slow moving part and for parts needed for service calls before leaving the site.
Experience, Competencies and Education:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A Service Technician is the face of SPATCO Energy Solutions to the customer, therefore, a technician must communicate in a professional and courteous manner to the customer.
• Work on dispenser hydraulics and submerged pump units while in a “bent over” or “stooped” position for long periods of time.
• Operate company service van safely and efficiently with a concentrated effort to maintain a very respectable driving record.
• Use the following hand held test equipment: Volt-Ohm Meter, Amp-Clamp, Laptop Computer (Windows based) with communication software.
• Take constructive suggestions to improve work habits and troubleshooting techniques in a positive manner and apply those suggestions to increase efficiency and technical ability.
• Keep accurate inventory & review authorization levels on truck monthly to assure accuracy.
• Tech to get with warehouse personnel to get inventory that is needed to replenish trucks.
Equal Opportunity Employer --Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled Drug Free Workplace
We have a technical trainer on staff to ensure the proper equipment troubleshooting techniques and repairs and to constantly update the training level of our company technicians. Proficiency depends upon the individual technician’s ability to learn, retain, and apply. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• IT/tech support or mechanic background preferred: at least 1 year
• A strong mechanical/technical: at least 1 year
• MUST have a clean driving record (no more than 1 violation)
• Ability to lift 75 –100 lbs when necessary during the course of performing their necessary duties.
• Work outside during all types of weather.
• Work under time constraints efficiently and have the ability to work well with others.
• Follow all company procedures. If you need a copy of procedures, please see your Branch manager.
• Keep company vehicle Clean, maintenance done regular, and only use for company business.
- Experienced Petroleum Service Technician, Volt-Ohm Meter, Amp-Clamp, Gilbarco, Gasboy, Tokheim, Bennett, Schlumberger, VeriFone, Dresser Wayne, Veeder-Root, Incon, Red Jacket, PetroVend, Fuel Master, Veeder Root Monitoring Systems, Nucleus, Tanknology, VeriFone Sapphire Commander