Procter & Gamble’s Global Biosciences Organization has an immediate opening for a technical leader of the “Omics” capability at its Mason, Ohio site to develop and grow Omics capability and applications. The successful candidate will join a state-of-the-art laboratory where teamwork and individual initiative are highly valued and work at the interdisciplinary field of Biology and Chemistry. In this role, you will require a deep understanding in Proteomics, Metabolomics, Lipidomics and LC-MS workflow. The applicant has to do the following in this role:
- Apply his/her skills to impact project needs and drive key innovative scientific concepts by deliver developing and implementing experimental ideas and delivering high quality data that support timely decisions for projects and advance R&D programs
- Provide strategic input and direction to project teams with emphasis on identification and establishment protein and small molecule signatures to assist in MOA understanding of underlying biology (skin biology, cell biology, microbiology, etc.) related to personal care industry.
- Contribute to developing and implementing strategic and tactical priorities for Omics capability.
- Stay connected to cutting edge omics capabilities and expertise, both internally and externally. Bring novel tools and capabilities in-house and/or find ways to tap into external partners.
- Facilitate communication among cross-functional teams and external C+D partners.
- Prepare clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicate results in the form of reports and / or presentations; Presents responsibly and defends own work at scientific meetings; May deliver project updates to senior management.
- Has to collaborate with other broader holomics and bioinformatics team to drive strategic integrated vision and wok plan.
- Agile-Independent, self-motivated and a ‘can-do’ attitude. Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at any given time, and adapt to changing priorities.
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
- Ph. D. in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or related field of study with hands-on mass spectrometry experience with the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various mass spectrometers including Thermo Fisher Orbitrap (ELITE, QE+, and/or FUSION).
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement as represented by multiple high impact publications.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of proteomic/metabolomics/lipidomics analysis from sample preparation throughout sample analyses and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to graphically represent big-omic data sets for publication purposes using statistics and information software packages such as R, Proteome Discoverer 2. 1, Perseus, MaxQuant, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate and troubleshoot to solve problems and deliver results.
- Strong biological background to understand integrated omics approach.
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life efficiency and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.