PHARMA CUSTOMER MASTER DATA MANAGEMENT PROJECT MANAGER
Currently located in Plainsboro, NJ, but end of November plan is to transition to the New Brunswick, NJ location
Provide project management and business analysis support to the Enterprise Master Data Management organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Next Generation Customer Master for US and Canada:
- Supports business requirements definition and project management in support of Next Gen Customer Master.
- Translating & defining requirements in agile framework.
- Working with the team to identify and document acceptance criteria. Participates in demos of capabilities throughout development to approve alignment with expected outcomes.
- Follow up on action items assigned to MDM team and driving to resolution (e.g. execution of Third Party Access agreements, coordination with data providers on data layouts & deliverables, etc.).
- Coordinate customer master data analysis needed in support of requirements definition and/or impact assessment for go live.
- Helping coordinate with change management workstream.
- Ensures that operational support needs and downstream implications are addressed when developing solutions.
- Liaises with Quality Assurance Manager as needed to ensure program support for user acceptance testing.
- Collaborates and builds alignment with cross functional matrix team members. Maintains a strong focus on quality, data accuracy, and delivering business value.
- Global Data Protection Regulation:
- Work across matrix team in support of GDPR requirements for EU Customer Master.
- Coordinate and track internal activities to monitor progress in developing a plan and executing on it. All of the assessment has already happened on what remediation we need to do as part of GDPR. This is probably going to be 20% or less of the person's time.
- Help with change management/communication to key stakeholders/markets.
- Provide PM/BA support for other key projects as identified.
- Seasoned project manager with a minimum 5+ years of project management experience managing large complex projects.
- PMI certification a plus.
- Strong command of business and information requirements for Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing, CRM, i.e.commercial pharma experience and with the datasets that we typically work with (e.g. mostly IQVIA/IMS data like OneKey, HCPS, HCOS, payer data, Xponent, etc.).
- Experience with the global landscape and customer master data concepts is a must.
- Experience/familiarity with GDPR (Global Data Protection Regulation) a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with Reltio MDM solutions a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into business system requirements and effectively transform those requirements into a solution.
- Experience with agile concepts – particularly related to project management and development of business requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Establishes strong working relationships with key internal and external business partners.
This 4+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Briana: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-01529
W2 ONLYMUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE