Ttitle: Pharmaceutical Apprentice I
Department / Division: SDM Plant / Manufacturing
Location: Buena Park, CA
What’s special about this job:
As a Compounder in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team and will work on mixing batches of product in the plant. This position will be on 2nd shift and you will report to a Group Leader in the plant. The Compounder will work a 4 day, 10 hour schedule, and the hours for 2nd shift are 4pm to 2am, Tuesday through Friday. This position will require employees to be available Monday through Saturday with the department determining which days will comprise the work week based upon production and scheduling demands.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for mixing batches of our product, following mixing instructions and recording raw material usage. This will include calculating quantities of ingredients needed for batches, weighing and measuring ingredients, and placing into mixing vessels. You will perform mix operations, which may include heating or cooling the product. You may also need to transfer finished compounds to holding vessels. After a batch is mixed, you will return remaining raw materials to storage areas, and clean and sanitize all mixing and storage vessels, as well as related equipment. It will be important to assure all chemicals and products are handled and stored in accordance with company and government regulations.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- High School diploma
- 2 years of previous experience working in a mix environment.
- This position requires a Hilo license or the ability to acquire a Hilo license
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow formulas, charts and tables together with the use of measuring interpretation.
- Mechanical and troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members.
- Good communication skills.
- Prior FDA or GMP experience is a plus.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs