Masonic Village at Elizabethtownis hiring a Pharmacist.This is a Full Time Day and Eveningopportunity.
At Masonic Villages of Pennsylvania, our mission is simple; it is a Mission of Love. Our caring communities and services assist individuals, families, and children in realizing their potential and enjoying the highest possible quality of life through the traditions of Freemasonry.
Why Choose Masonic Villages:
For over 146 years, we've been living out our mission of caring for people and enriching the lives of others. To do this successfully, we need a team of individuals who are:
- Committed to providing heartfelt customer service
- Talented, and seeking ongoing professional growth & enrichment
- Innovative and accepting of change
- Invested in contributing to our team environment.
Recognizing our employees as our strongest asset, we value each unique person for their strength, contribution, and heart. We offer an intuitive benefits package, including some of the best compensation in our industry, because we know when our team is healthy, fulfilled, and able to pursue their dreams, they are empowered to make dreams come true every day for our residents.
What You'll Do:
As a Pharmacist, you will carry out our Mission of Love byproviding pharmaceutical services to all contracted entities and promote the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical agents. These services include: confirming prescriptions according to provider orders, evaluating therapeutic appropriateness, and assuring the facility is within the guidelines of federal and state regulations. The pharmacist will serve as the main drug information resource to the healthcare team. Our Pharmacistare responsible for the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical agents including indications for use, appropriate dosages, interactions, and side effects. Demonstrates professional judgement in supporting the philosophy of the formulary system.
- Demonstrates compliance with federal, state, and local regulations which govern pharmaceutical practice as well as OSHA and Medicare regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to act as a resource for residents and staff regarding pharmaceutical questions, including federal and state pharmacy regulations.
- Fill prescriptions accurately for all pharmaceutical formulations.
- Monitor and interpret incoming provider orders/prescriptions; obtain clarification as necessary.
- Supervise and check all orders filled by technicians before prescriptions are released from the pharmacy. Supervise packaging of unit dose medications.
- Direct timely delivery of medications and supplies to residents and other contracted entities per policy.
- Answer medication related questions, concerns, and assist with problem solving.
- Monitor the compliance of the pharmacy with federal and state guidelines. Maintain strict control over the distribution of narcotics and controlled substances. Query PA Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) website as required
- Review the medication profile of each long term care facility resident and transitional care patient upon admission, monthly, or as requested. Evaluate the appropriateness and make recommendations to the provider. Submit review for the Director of Nursing and Nursing Home Administrator of facilities.
- Check each facility's medication cart, medication room, emergency box, refrigerator, and Pyxis MedStation for proper storage and outdated medications on a regular basis according to established policies.
- Participate in ongoing in-service training for the facility.
- Assist with annual inventory and special projects as needed and assume responsibility for pharmacy operations in the absence of the pharmacy manager.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacy software to perform clinical functions and fill prescriptions.
What You Definitely Have:
- Must be graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Must possess a license to practice pharmacy in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Long term care pharmacy experience, including experiences in third party billing, PACE, and Medical Assistance programs preferred.
- Computer skills required.
Learn more about working at Masonic Villages of PA at our careers page:http://masonicvillages.org/careers/0