Benzer Pharmacy, a rapidly growing retail pharmacy company, is seeking a Pharmacist In Charge to provide seamless service and support to our loyal patients at our Chandler, AZ location. Come join a winning team!
The successful candidate with be responsible for the following job duties:
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
• Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
• Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
• Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
• Develops hospital staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
• Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
• Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Administering Medication, Judgment, Verbal Communication, FDA Health Regulations, Pharmacology, Managing Processes, Legal Compliance, Productivity, Quality Focus, Attention to Detail.
Must be licensed and registered in the state of Arizona.
PharmD Required with proper Experience
*****Must Submit to a Background and Drug Check!*****