Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Currently seeking four (4) pharmacy students graduating in 2022 to start employment in May/June 2019 as Pharmacist Interns in our Clinic Community Pharmacy . Intern license will have to be obtained before start date. These positions are not benefits eligible but guaranteed to work a minimum of 16 hours per pay period, day/evening rotation and rotating weekends.
Responsible for acting as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature. Maintains standards set by the department and translates policies and procedures into the daily operation of the pharmacy.
- Supports the values of the organization by demonstrating personal responsibility, respect for self and others, innovation through teamwork, dedication to caring, and excellence in customer service
- Participates in active learning through assigned preceptors and apply this learning to real time patient care
- Supports and assists the pharmacists, pharmacy supervisors, managers, and directors to integrate departmental and organizational goals into department’s activities
- Maintains the pharmacy in a clean and organized fashion
- Participates in special projects
- Provide continuous, patient specific assessment of the pharmacotherapy needs of a patient population, making real time interventions with the medical staff and nursing staff to facilitate optimal drug therapy and facilitate the provision of other pharmacy services.
- Responsible for interpretation of physician medication orders for accuracy and appropriateness, informing them of any errors, omissions, or discrepancies and, based on an evaluation of the patient's condition, suggests appropriate or alternate drug therapy to the physician
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and proper patient medication profiles, monitoring to insure the proper choice of drug, dosage form, strength, length of therapy and interaction potential of the prescribed drug
- Responsible for the dispensing, control and record keeping of all controlled substances
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of, and conforming to legal requirements concerning the distribution of drugs, as well as good working knowledge of recent developments in the field of pharmacy
- High school diploma required. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college of pharmacy
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active Pharmacy Intern License from the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Six to twelve months pharmacy experience
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.