Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Currently seeking two (2) 2nd year pharmacy students graduating in 2021 for immediate employment as casual Pharmacist Interns in Poison Information Center. These positions are not benefits eligible.
Responsible for acting as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature. Maintains standards set by the department and translates policies and procedures into the daily operation of the pharmacy.
- Supports the values of the organization by demonstrating personal responsibility, respect for self and others, innovation through teamwork, dedication to caring, and excellence in customer service
- Participates in active learning through assigned preceptors and apply this learning to real time patient care
- Supports and assists the pharmacists, pharmacy supervisors, managers, and directors to integrate departmental and organizational goals into department’s activities
- Maintains the pharmacy in a clean and organized fashion
- Participates in special projects
- Responds to telephone calls from the public regarding nontoxic or minor poison exposures: Determines the type and severity of each exposure; and recommends initial first aid and treatment advice per poison center guidelines
- Responds to telephone calls requesting tablet identification, basic poison information and poison prevention questions
- Responds to drug information questions as well as questions regarding therapeutic errors of over the counter or prescription medications under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Performs follow-up calls
- Accurately records medical case information utilizing computerized data collection software
- Participates in case review and quality assurance activities
- Provides public poison prevention education
- Participates in training of new poison information providers
- High school diploma required. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college of pharmacy
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active Pharmacy Intern License from the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Six to twelve months pharmacy experience
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.