The Pharmacist is responsible for the preparation and distribution of Medications and information throughout the Hospital and for promoting quality patient care through the proper storage, preparation, dispensing and recommendations for administration of medications and intravenous solutions according to the established policies of the Department and West Jefferson Medical Center. The job duties are completed by utilization of professional pharmaceutical knowledge, judgement, policy, procedure skill, standard controls and ethics.
1. Knowledge of Medication Dosages, Forms, Interactions, Incompatibilities and indications
2. Skill and knowledge in the ability to Compound various I.V. Admixtures
3. Ability to compound extemporaneous medication preparations
4. Ability to interpret Physician and other written Medication Orders
5. Knowledge of current Louisiana Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations
6. Knowledge of current Federal Rules and Regulations of Pharmacy