The staff pharmacist reviews, interprets and evaluates physician orders for appropriateness against the available patient information and current therapy in regards to allergies, potential drug interactions, etc. Dispenses medications in accordance with federal and state regulations as well as hospital policy. Provides direct supervision of Pharmacy Technician (s) performing support functions.
Part-time (Evenings) every Thursday and Fridays 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
- Have two years' previous experience in a hospital pharmacy setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy, required.
- PharmD, preferred
- Must possess a current license by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (R.Ph)
- Must have a certificate in ACPE Sterile Pharmaceutical Compounding
- Current BLS required, ACLS and PALS preferred
- Must demonstrate competent administrative, leadership and management, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission (JC) and CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) standards affecting pharmacy
- Must possess ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with all types of personnel, medical staff and the general public
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions
- Must have the ability to act as a liaison between personnel and management