Full-time, Contract, 12:30pm - 9pm shift
JOB SUMMARY FOR PHARMACIST:
- Epitec is seeking a Pharmacist for a full-time contract position with a healthcare company located in Philadelphia, PA.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PHARMACIST:
- As a licensed health care professional employed in the Pharmacy Prior Authorization Department your primary responsibility is to make determinations on prior authorization and coverage requests for pharmaceutical products.
- Determinations include medical necessity and benefit decisions.
- Decisions are made in accordance with established pharmacy guidelines, contract criteria, industry regulations and sound clinical judgment.
- The Prior Authorization pharmacist works independently with respect to reviews and decision making, with the support of senior pharmacist staff and supervisors.
- You will work as member of a team of peers committed to meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer performance guarantees.
- Telephonically provide clinical support to the PerformRx Contact Center.
- Engage providers in discussions to support determinations.
- Support Fraud and Abuse program system oversight.
- Participate in various Pharmacy-related projects.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and regulatory changes.
- Keep abreast of operational directives and customer reference materials.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR PHARMACIST:
- 2 years pharmacy experience preferred.
- Previous experience in managed care environment preferred.
- Current pharmacy license, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania preferred. Pharm D. preferred.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.