The Pharmacist is responsible for upholding regulatory compliance of pharmacy services for the facility. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors. The Pharmacist collaborates with medical staff regarding prescriptive issues and therapy recommendations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews patient medication history for allergies and drug interactions including the processes of drug procurement, dispensing, monitoring, as well as the provision of drug information to the associated professional staff.
- Assures the accurate and timely dispensing and distribution of all pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors drug therapy as ordered by the medical staff; suggests alternate drug therapy when appropriate.
- Advised patients when called upon on use of medications including dosage, administration schedules, and side effects.
- Degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy
- 1-3 years'' experience as a Pharmacist in a hospital setting preferred
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage pharmacy technicians