Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacist.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical and dental insurance, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated %243.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited full-service 215-bed acute care facility, providing comprehensive , diagnostic, medical, and services including labor and delivery, post-partum and nursery. St Petersburg General Hospital is a designated Blue Distinction Center + for Maternity Care; accredited as a Breast Center with Digital Imaging and Computer Aided Detection; Chest Pain Center; Certified Advanced Primary Stroke and AFib Center; Accredited Cancer Center and a GYN Robotic Surgery Training Epicenter. Other services include The Pelvic Pain and Incontinence Center and The Orthopedic Center for Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery..
The Pharmacist compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.