St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The Pharmacist will be responsible for interpreting physician orders, monitoring medication interactions and/or allergies, preparing medications and parenteral solutions, and dispensing them in a proper manner consistent with responsibility as a licensed professional. Performs routine medication area inspections. Communicates with physicians and professionals pursuant to medication therapy, and promotes smooth workflow performance while acting as a source of information and guidance to hospital personnel and physicians in medication therapy. Supervises technician work preparation to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and technician competency.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dispenses and supervises the filling of prescriptions.
- Assures the accurate profiling, preparation and dispensing of new medication orders for inpatients (at each or any facility as needed) according to procedure and meets any criteria developed to assure efficiency and productivity.
- Exercises practical judgment in decision making and knows own limitations – seeks assistance as needed, exercises independent judgment especially in emergency situations.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of parenteral admixtures, parenteral nutrition solutions, anti-neoplastic medication, and other sterile products when requested.
- Directs pharmacy technicians, interns and volunteers who assist with medications, controlled substances and parenteral solution preparations and ensures the accuracy of their work in accordance with established departmental procedures, professional standards, and Federal or State Regulations.
- Confers with individuals concerning questions or problems.
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Serves as a resource for drug information. Gives in-service programs regarding medications.
- Performs appropriate clinical activities as established by the department.
- Participates in departmental meetings and on committees.
- Completes and maintains IV/Admixtures Lab and departmental competencies.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to eight hours per day and up to three consecutive hours. Standing for up to eight hours per day and up to two consecutive hours. Walking for up to eight hours per day and up to 30 consecutive minutes. Continuously fingering; frequently handling, firm grasping, twisting and turning. Frequently reaching above shoulder level; frequently looking up. Occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds and carrying up to 35 pounds and pushing up to 200 pounds. Occasionally stooping, bending, squatting, crouching and kneeling. Rarely crawling and climbing. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation, high and low frequency. Seeing as it relates to general vision, near vision, far vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision and monotony.
B.S. Pharmacy or Pham.D. (5 or 6 years depending on state where graduated).
Licensure & Registration: Registered in Pennsylvania or completion of Boards with pending licensure may be accepted. State mandated C.E. (30 hrs/2 yrs)
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills may range from a new graduate with no previous experience to previous training in hospital pharmacy including computer knowledge as an entry level determinant. Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!