Pharmacist - Region Care
-Interprets, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. Enters drug orders into computer profile.
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile. Selects, prepares, and dispenses drug products to fill inpatient and outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides drug information.
- Interacts with health care personnel to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications. Provides compatibility information for IV administration of various drugs.
- Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in specific disease states. Conducts pre-admission and discharge patient medication interviews upon request.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile. Ensures drugs are reordered as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Maintains records and inventory of investigation drugs, controlled substances, and methadone. Maintains records of transactions and delivery.
- Manufactures, prepares, and labels compound and solutions, and other sterile products.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and one (1) year experience, required OR PharmD, required.
- Must possess current license to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
Finance Job Family: CLP_AN
Primary Location: Nassau County-Great Neck-200 Community Dr
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member