- Position Summary
- EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN OF 29.25% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY!GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
THIS POSITION MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE ONCE A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF QUALIFIED APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED.
Oversees the 340B program compliance; including policy and procedure updates, staff education on 340B program, and self-audits of in-house pharmacy and clinic medications.
- Job Requirement
Equivalent to graduation from high school; three (3) years of experience as a pharmacy technician and three (3) years of experience as a 340B analyst or equivalent.
Valid State of Nevada Certification as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
The 340(b) drug pricing program, federal, state and/or county guidelines, rules and regulations associated with the distribution of medications; pharmacy standards of practice; basics of drug indications; medical terminology; trade and generic drug names;; personal and mainframe computers; routes of administration for standard medications; storage requirements for standard medications; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
preparing and maintaining accurate counts and records; organizing and prioritizing work; analyzing data and generating reports; training and working with personnel in sometimes tense situations; developing and maintaining metrics, financial reports, and models to monitor the business performance of the program financial trending; utilizing databases to generate monthly samples for transaction testing; preparing audit reports, conducting self-audits, documenting and tracking all issues; documenting audit action plan assignments and resolutions; using computers and related software applications (Microsoft Office; common office productivity software and operating systems); communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefits package that leads the market and includes:
Length of ServiceRate of Accrual per 80 hours workedDays per year (based on 8-hour day)0 – 12 months0-90 days > 3.077 hours**Upon completion of the 90th day of employment, the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 12 hours.91 days – 12 months > 5.2769 hours****Upon completion of the twelfth month of employment the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 80 hours.27 days13 months – 48 months8.3077 hours27 days
- Employer Paid Pension Plan totaling 29.25% of your annual salary!
- Vestment in the pension plan after 5 years of qualifying employment!
- Consolidated Annual Leave (CAL) - CAL is used for personal leave, holidays (eleven scheduled holidays per year), doctor appointments, vacation, and sick days up to 16 consecutive scheduled work hours (short term sick leave), etc. Eligible employees shall accrue CAL at the following rates. Part-time accrual is based on the number of paid benefit hours.
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Credit Union Eligibility
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Plan
- Nevada has no State Income Tax
- No Social Security Deduction
- 01Are you a current UMC employee?
02Do you have a valid NV Pharmacy Technician license?
03(Edu) What is the highest diploma you have achieved?
- No, but I am currently registered as a Pharmacy Technician in another state. I can provide copy of registration or verification letter from the state upon request.
04How many years of pharmacy technician experience do you have?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Master Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Not Applicable
05How many years of experience do you having as a 340B analyst or equivalent?
- 0 to less than 3 years
- 3 to less than 6 years
- 6 to less than 8 years
- 8 to less than 12 years
- 12 years and more
06Please describe your job duties as a 340B analyst or equivalent. Please enter NA if you don't have the experience.07(All-Req) I understand that my answers to the supplemental questions alone will not qualify me for the position. I must document those experience, level of education, and certifications clearly in the application in order to be qualified.
- 0 - less than 3 years
- 3 - less than 5 years
- 5 - less than 8 years
- 8 - less than 12 years
- 12 years or more
- Yes, I understand and will include those experience, level of education, and certifications clearly in the application.