- Ensure patients are supported by setting up delivery and following escalations through to resolution
- Respond professionally and appropriately when handling difficult situations and ensure patient experience is exceptional
- Handle communication between operations and sales
- Work as a liaison with operations partners to advise of any patient or practice concerns and issues
- Identify and notify sales and provider when a patient is not responding
- Review medical case notes to determine on-going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/hospice care/RN case managers/Medical Directors/clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of Call Center experience
- Unrestricted Arizona Pharmacy Technician License
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you consult with members, patients, and providers to coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co-pay assistance, ancillary products, and scheduling Pharmacist consults. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
View our COVID-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, Avella, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Clinical Pharmacy-Patient Care
Division: OptumRx Business Development
Shift: Day Job