Informatics Pharmacist Specialist works in the build, implementation, and maintenance of automation and technology to optimize pharmacy practice, pharmacy systems, and the medication‐use process.
Specializes in the medication process, from ordering to administration, and is responsible for effective process design, development, and implementation of the Electronic Medical Record and Clinical Decision Support. Supports pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and other clinicians as the resource for requests related to EMR and pharmacy system changes and additions as it pertains to SVMH Pharmacy Department. Provides EMR‐related staff education/training for the Meditech platform. Partners with the physician staff to facilitate workflow and performance standards around the pharmacy program. Develops clinic and service guidelines\pathways with nursing and allied healthcare professionals to support the programs goals and initiatives. Monitors and supports workflow design and functionality based on metrics of performance.
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy required. PharmD preferred.
2. Licensure: Current California Registered Pharmacist license (RPH) required.
3. Experience: Experience, 2-4 years in hospital setting with specific pharmacotherapy practice participation.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have motor skills to prepare, mix and transfer drugs from container to container aseptically, and neatly without spillage, especially chemotherapy. Ability to performdata entry.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication of drug information at various levels of sophistication. Telephone manners are of a nature that promotes a positive image of the Pharmacy Department and encourages teamwork with other professionals. Demonstrates flexibilityin rearranging work shifts so that the workload is handled with minimal disruption.