Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist. Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides excellent service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Provides patient education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
- Is training to become competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details:This is a part time position and will typically work 1 or 2 days per week from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, and every other weekend
- Department:Inpatient Pharmacy at McKay-Dee Hospital, located4401 Harrison Blvd, Ogden, UT 84403.
- Additional Details: There are 2 intern positions available.
- Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
- 1st year pharmacy student.
- Excellent communication skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Activation Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020
Expiration Date: Monday, March 2, 2020