Opportunitieswith Genoa Healthcare. Acareer with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort toserve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: wechange lives for the better. People withserious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – havemoving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team,we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people withcomplex health conditions get the right medications and are able to followtheir treatment plans. Our personalizedservices – in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management – areleading the way to a new level of care.
Werecently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optumand UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled healthservices business dedicated to making the health system work better foreveryone. Take a closer look to learnwhy a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering yourlife's best work.SM
Undergeneral supervision from the Director of Operations, the Pharmacy Site Manager is to supervise and direct the pharmacyprocesses, and activities of personnel, to ensure the efficient and timelydispensing of medications to the consumers of the mental health facility, whileensuring compliance with all relevant laws of the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM!
MajorDuties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to allpatients and members of the clinic staff
- Fill new prescriptions and refills ofmedications using various forms of compliance packaging.
- Medication ordering and maintenance ofappropriate inventory controls within the pharmacy.
- Within the guidelines of the authorizedprotocol, manage the storage and designation of sample medications, and patientassistance program medications to clients of the clinic, if required.
- As primary contact between the pharmacy and theclinic, maintain excellent relations with the medical director, case managers,and other clinic staff, and provide drug consultation services when required.
- Communication with various doctors and doctors’offices regarding obtaining proper prescription, insurance or priorauthorization information.
- Oversee controlled substance logs and inventorycabinet
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of thepharmacy technicians and other employees and assume responsibility for otherduties related to personnel. Staff RPhand delivery drivers (phlebotomists and Care Coordinators)
- Prepare medication emergency kits if requiredby the clinic for any after-hours dispensing of medications.
- Manage rejected claims, conduct gross margin analysis,and generate reports for management.
- Sign all documentation required as PharmacyManager/Pharmacist of Record
- Maintain all DEA requirements for assignedpharmacy
- Participate in clinic committee and staffmeetings
- Assume all operation responsibilitiesincluding financial performance.
- Promote and increase sales.
- Reports to the Director of Operations
- Ensure company metric goals are delivered
- Human Resources:
- Training and development of team members
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, andterminating employees
- Provide consistent feedback to direct reports
- Manage time off, payroll, overtime
- Complete new hire feedback forms
- Financially responsible to ensure developmentof a profitable business unit and to continued growth
- Locating and delivering new accounts that maybe from partnering agency or external accounts
- Manage accounts payable to minimize debt writeoffs
- Cash Payment Reporting
- Execute sample management and PAP
- Execute Genetic testing
- Execute monthly marketing event
- Execute quarterly lunch and learn
- Ensure water runs or interaction in the waitingrooms is occurring to market pharmacy
- Ensure wait times are appropriate for waitingrxs
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements forfilling rxs and insurance compliance
- Ensure online training is completed andtraining completed for each employee
Educationalor Skills Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Current pharmacist license in the state you areapplying for
- 3+ years of experience in retail pharmacy
- 2+ years of Pharmacy Management experience in aretail setting
- Certified immunizer and actively able toadminister vaccinations or willing to obtain
- APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization DeliveryCertificate or equivalent. Genoa willprovide training if necessary.
Please goto the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug-free workplace. Candidatesare required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:pharmacy, manager, PharmD, retail pharmacy, APhA, immunization, pharmaceutical