- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Assists pharmacists in medication preparation and labeling activities. Performs a broad range of technical support functions under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Pharmacy teams at Samaritan Health Services are staffed by the area's leading experts on thousands of medications and make decisions that help optimize a patient’s drug therapy.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) of the following required:
- Current unencumbered Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician License.
- Currently enrolled first year PharmD student in good standing with an accredited pharmacy school and current unencumbered Oregon Board of Pharmacy Intern license.
- Successful completion of Medical Pharmacy Technician course preferred.
- Communication - Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues. Ability to perform group presentations and listen to and understand complex information and ideas.
- Computer Literacy - Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. Ability to operate applications, write software, set up functions, enter data, and manipulate and process information.
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Time Management- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
WALK - INCLINE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 40 – 60 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 40 - 60 pounds
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
KNEEL (on knees)
PUSH (40 - 60 pounds force)
PULL (40 - 60 pounds force)
WALK – LEVEL SURFACE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 – 20 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 20 - 40 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
PUSH (0 - 20 pounds force)
PUSH (20 - 40 pounds force)
PULL (0 - 20 pounds force)
PULL (20 - 40 pounds force)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists