Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Current vacancy is part time, no benefits, 16 hours per pay period, every other weekend.
Under the supervision of a registered pharmacist performs a variety of technical and clerical duties allowed by law. Foster and maintain a positive image of the pharmacy within the hospital and in the community.
- Accurately prepare, package, label and deliver medications after they are checked by a registered pharmacist, intern or qualified technician checker
- Correctly perform pharmaceutical calculations to ensure correct doses are dispensed
- Aseptically prepare IV admixtures and other sterile products as requested (when trained)
- Triage pharmacy phone calls and resolve issues as able
- Inspect and maintain medication supply throughout the facility
- Remove and replace outdated medications from the pharmacy, clinics, nursing stations, and Automated Dispensing Cabinets
- Compounding medication as per Minnesota Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations
- Stocks inventory in Pharmacy
- Routinely checks and removes outdated and expired medications
- Delivers medications to patient care and ancillary areas
- Maintain and suggest improvements to pharmacy workflow
- Maintains the pharmacy in a clean and organized fashion
- Perform patient charging and other pharmacy financial activities when needed
- Responsible for safe and careful handling of chemotherapeutic medications
- Use and maintain pharmacy equipment, medication rooms, and work areas according to approved procedures
- Know and use appropriate pharmaceutical-medical terms, abbreviations and symbols
- Maintains a working knowledge of general chemical and physical properties, and appropriate use, of drugs
- Understand pharmacology of medications commensurate with pharmacy technician role
- Perform additional pharmacy technician duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy Technician Program or a 240 hour employer based Technician training Program or 1,000 hours of Pharmacy experience
- Current Pharmacy Technician Registration with MN State Board
- PTCB or ExCPT pharmacy tech certification within 6 months of date of hire, paid for by employee
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Pharmacy computer systems
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with other employees and patientsPossess strong interpersonal skills; be a team player, and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate good decision making skills, problem solving techniques, and possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to use a computer and associated programs
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions;
- Ability to learn and apply pharmacy procedures and interpret prescriptions
- Ability to apply basic math skills
- Some skill in record keeping
- Must be competent in 5 out of 8 areas within 6 months of hire: First Dose Unit Dose, Cart Fill, General IV Preparation, Omnicell, Decentral, ATP, Chemotherapy IV Preparation, TPN Preparation
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.