PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica - Grand Prarie is recruiting a Full-time Pharmacy Technician II to join our team.
The Pharmacy Technician II assists with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations.
- Assists the Pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Types prescription information to produce labels.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments.
- Packages medications for dispensing and for delivery.
- Sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
- Communicates with all customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Processes returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- May lead and direct the work of other pharmacy technicians.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in an LTC pharmacy setting or IV experience required
- Pharmacy Technician licensure and/or certification in Texas required according to state board regulations
- Ability to recognize and identify medications; ability to work as a member of a team; ability to operation personal computers and/or computer terminals; skilled in performing detailed work required
- Must be available 4pm to 1am M-F; alternating weekends
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!