Abrazo Arrowhead Campus (located at 67th Avenue and AZ-Loop 101 in Glendale) is an award winning 217-bed healthcare facility offering high quality, compassionate care to the community since 1988. Abrazo Arrowhead Campus has received national accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and The Joint Commission (TJC), and made the 2011 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital list. Abrazo Arrowhead Campus specializes in cardiovascular, orthopedic, surgical, wound care, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and obstetrical care, including a neonatal ICU.
- Accurately fill medication orders with correct strength, dosage form, and quantity in a timely manner,
- Assure all medications are checked by a pharmacist prior to dispensing,
- Respond appropriately to requests for STAT orders, routine orders, department requests, and ADC stock out bulletins,
- Refill emergency crash carts, boxes, and kits accurately and timely,
- Accurately stock ADCs in a timely manner,
- Prepackage and label oral medications and extemporaneous preparations,
- Prepare IV sterile admixture solutions and IV products accurately consistent with IV policies and procedures (USP797 and USP800),
- Restock medications in IV room and conform to IV cleaning schedule
The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist; includes the production of IVs.
The individual’s responsibilities include the following activities:
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Preferred: 2 years hospital experience
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license; Pharmacy Technician certification (both based on state requirements). Accredited training in sterile products preparation
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.