Performs variety of semi-technical and clerical duties. Fills, packages and provides medication. Restocks to fixed levels and compounds or repackages following established policies, practices, procedures or specific instructions and within Federal and State statutes and regulations. Performs cashiering duties such as collection of cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services.
- Greets patients, members and other health care personnel in caring, helpful manner and initiates service transactions using proper forms and process.
- Refers all inquiries or issues regarding patient-care/consultation to pharmacist.
- Assists with inputting patient and prescription information to produce labels and to assist in prescription filling process.
- Matches prescriptions with labels. Selects proper drug and quantity to be dispensed, fills container, applies labels and presents completed product to pharmacist for checking.
- (May perform in hospital setting) As trained or qualified, Prepares adequate supply of medication for unit dose distribution.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Processes Clinic and Hospital Drug Requisitions. Receives, fills drug and medical supply requests. Checks stock levels per schedule. Removes outdated goods and replenishes to fixed levels.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Fills and updates unit dose cassettes per determined supply.
- Assists with and/or provides medication (checked by pharmacist), OTC product, or supplies to correct patient in helpful and caring manner. Refers all consultation function to pharmacist. Collects money if needed.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Picks-up and delivers medications and supplies to designated areas or persons per schedule (e.g. unit dose exchange, control substance, floor stock).
- Calculates price for prescriptions or order. Sells non-prescription drugs. Collects cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services. Verifies information is accurate on all checks. Assures valid authorization is received for all credit card payments. Validates checks and credit slips and issues receipts accordingly.
- Balances monies, checks, and credit card charge documents daily against cash register receipts. Reconciles any discrepancy. Prepares bank deposit.
- Gathers and computes data and information for variety of needs pertaining to health plan, non-plan, special and routine reports, studies, and statistics as necessary.
- Maintains accurate OTC charge schedules and price lists, adjusts changes.
- Orders routine bank supplies for cashiering area. Assures all equipment in cashiering area is operating in acceptable manner. Advises supervisor of any malfunctions and/or Reports same to appropriate service company.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Maintains appropriate level of drugs and supplies for operations.
- Orders, receives, stores, returns, credits, and discards drugs and supplies.
- Packs, compounds, reconstitutes, and distributes inventory for issue, transfer or dispensing.
- Files prescriptions and any transaction document of pharmacy operations timely and appropriately.
- Accepts responsibility for resolving immediate problems and accomplishing assigned tasks and reporting irregularities.
- Inspects and maintains work area and equipment in organized, clean, safe, and efficient working condition.
- Observes and complies with department's policies and procedures and organization's house rules such as but not limited to safety, attendance, proper attire, and continuing education.
- Coordinates and answers incoming phone calls. Handles or directs call to appropriate individuals.
- 120 hours of pharmacy tech trainee related experience OR six months working in a Kaiser Permanente pharmacy.
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience.
- License, Certification, Registration
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to follow instructions and to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability customer service, oral communication, multi-tasking, teamwork, and written communication.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Completion of Pharmacy technician training program.
- Post high school coursework training.