Pharmacy Tech Various Shifts Las Vegas, NV-872655
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Pharmacy, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
**Position will be housed at the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital of Nevada (8656 W. Patrick Lane) and occasionally float to Southwest Medical Pharmacy (6720 Placid Street).
- Enter prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
- Contacting patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Fulfillment of prescription orders
- Ability to interpret prescription orders and enter into pharmacy system
- Answering the telephone utilizing appropriate etiquette
- Documenting interventions and tracking outcomes with Pharmacy team
- Resolving customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
You’llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Nevada
- 2+ years of Pharmacy related experience in either Retail, Hospital, Mail Order or Long Term Care setting
- Proficiency with computers using Windows PC applications, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Knowledge of laws and regulations in regards to scope of practice
- Available to work variable shifts which may include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV, Southwest Medical