CompleteRx, a leader in hospital pharmacy management and consulting has an immediate need for a Pharmacy Buyer to assist our pharmacy team in the procurement of medications and supplies for our hospital located in Boston, MA. As a Pharmacy Buyer for CompleteRx you will work with a group of professionals who perpetually work to improve processes that enhance patient care, manage risk, integrate technology and align operations. Ideal candidates for our Pharmacy Technician positions work with a great sense of urgency, provide exemplary customer service and demonstrate professionalism in all their interactions.
The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for procuring medications and supplies from appropriate sources and
ensuring proper storage to maintain their quality and integrity. The Pharmacy Buyer, under the supervision of
a licensed pharmacist, performs inventory management activities that ensure adequate stocks of medications,
purchasing contract compliance, effective cost management, and compliance with laws and regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Pharmacy Technician License
- Registered as Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) in good standing
- Current PTCB Pharmacy Technician certification
- Current State Board registration
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum of 3 years as certified pharmacy technician in an inpatient hospital setting
- 1-2 years of previous pharmacy buying experience preferred
- Experience with automatic dispensing machines; barcode scanners; repackaging machines;
- Documentation of current vaccinations: Hepatitis B, pertussis, TB, influenza, MMR, Varicella.
- Advanced Excel training
- Prior experience utilizing wholesaler purchasing systems
- Prior experience with 340B and USP 797 regulations
- Ensures procurement and distribution of drug orders per physician request, pharmacist request or prearranged work assignment are performed according to established policies, procedures & protocols and within specified time frames.
- Identifies and fills replacement medications on emergency crash carts, OR carts and floor stock accurately
- Prepares sterile products (including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition) accurately
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date
- Picks up orders, requisitions and medications for return from patient care areas when on delivery rounds
- Enters charges and credits for patient medications accurately
- Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Build and nurture relationships with hospital and pharmacy team
- Perform special projects as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of CompleteRx, you will be provided continual growth and development while learning the best practices of Pharmacies nationwide. We offer a rewarding and challenging career along with a comprehensive employment and benefit package.
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance Bonus Plan
- License Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans (Including Domestic Partner Coverage)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Founded in 1998 as a service-driven organization with a strong sense of community, CompleteRx embarked on a strategy to become the employer of choice in hospital pharmacy management and consulting. Since our founding we believe our success has been driven by our employees who are our most valuable resources. We believe the very best outcomes are accomplished when all employees share a sense of mutual ownership for successful results and where each employee accepts personal accountability for their individual contributions. These beliefs are the core of our Team Covenant which guides all of our actions to the patients we care for, hospitals we support and fellow employees we work alongside of.
CompleteRx is an equal opportunity employer by choice.