For over 50 years, the HealthDirect team has been dedicated to the unique pharmacy needs of individuals residing in Long-Term Care (LTC) facilities such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities, as well as correctional facilities and group homes.”. On a daily basis our team provides prescription medications, over-the-counter products, clinical consulting services, and specialty pharmacy services to more than 50,000 residents.
HealthDirect is a division of KPH Healthcare Services, a billion dollar, 100% employee owned provider of pharmaceutical and healthcare services. KPH is comprised of four divisions – Kinney Drugs, ProAct Inc., HealthDirect and Noble Health Services. The family of KPH Healthcare Services began with Kinney Drugs retail in 1903. All KPH family company values stem from Kinney’s long-standing commitment to trust and community-minded health solutions.
As a team, HealthDirect has achieved significant growth. Over the past 6 years we have grown from four pharmacies in two states to 20 pharmacies across eight states. Our team has grown to over 900 employees and we are looking to add another – possibly you!
Scope of Responsibilities: Works under direct supervision of a pharmacist. Follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. May assist in orienting and training employees
Job Summary: Responsible for all aspects related to entering the medication orders for various facilities.
Ensuring that all Third-Party claims are billed properly.
- Provides customer service and problem resolution to assigned facilities
- Responsible for accurate data entry of patient profiles and medications
- Maintaining accurate information for patients and facilities
- Responsible for billing and crediting each facility appropriately and accurately each month
- Maintain and keep reasonable production as determined by supervisor
- May be required to travel to individual homes for meetings or drug exchanges
- May assist in orienting and training new employees
- Responsible for completing all mandatory and regulatory training programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be available, and on-time for scheduled work shifts.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: AS Degree or Higher in Business Administration or related field
- Preferred: Hospital, Long-term Care or Retail pharmacy experience strongly preferred
- 3-6 months experience as a pharmacy technician
Required (Vermont Employees):
- Registered with the State of Vermont as a Pharmacy Technician
Required (New Hampshire Employees):
- Registered with the State of New Hampshire as a Pharmacy Technician
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal background check and/or drug test
- Initial and continuous exclusion and sanction/disciplinary monitoring
Job Skill Requirements:
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Broad knowledge of medications and physician orders
- General computer and keyboarding skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment and/or random drug screening test
- HIPPA Privacy Course
- HIPPA Security Course
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Course
- MethGuard Course
- HIPPA Privacy CE Mastery Exam
- HIPPA Security CE Mastery Exam
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse CE Mastery Exam
- MethGuard CE Mastery Exam
Behavioral Traits Required:
- Cooperation: Must work harmoniously and effectively with fellow employees, supervisors and others you are in contact with
- Initiative: Must work within supervision guidelines and assume additional responsibilities
- Flexibility: Must be willing to work variable work schedules, nights and weekends, assist others as requested and available, and be willing to perform all assigned work
- Adaptability: Must respond to new situations in a positive way, accept change, support new ideas, master new routines and grasp explanations, apply current knowledge in new environments and experiences
- Involvement: Must enjoy the demands of the job and work with interest and enthusiasm
- Customer Service: Must provide appropriate customer service (for Kinney customers, fellow employees and business partners), listen attentively to their needs and respond appropriately
- Safety: Must take care of equipment and employ good safety habits
- Leadership: Must gain acceptance of ideas and accomplish goals through subordinates, peers and teams