Proudly serving the residents of Pittsburgh's western suburbs for more than 100 years.
Today, it is Ohio Valley Hospital's mission to provide programs and services that improve the quality of life of community members across our service area. Our staff and administration strive to provide caring, cost-effective, and friendly health care. We view safety and quality as top priorities, while also encouraging innovative and creative approaches to improving patient outcomes
Ohio Valley Hospital is currently recruiting for a Full Time Pharmacy Technician.
Are you a hard-working, self-motivated, and compassionate Pharmacy Technician that values the work you do to positively impact the lives of others? If so, please consider joining our excellent pharmacy team at Ohio Valley Hospital in this full-time position.
- (6:30 am to 3 pm) and (7:30 am to 4 pm) Monday through Friday --> these shifts will comprise >85% of monthly schedule.
- (12:30 pm to 9 pm) --> typically 2 to 3 days per month
- (Every 4th weekend, 7:30 am to 4 pm)
We are a 124-bed independently owned, community hospital located just 15 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. We are a small department but decidedly progressive in the care we provide and programs that we offer. Here are some of the current responsibilities for this position as well as future development* of additional responsibilities:
- Preparation of IV (Intravenous) medications for patients
- Filling and delivering of medications to the nursing units (We use Omnicell Automated Dispensing cabinets)
- Filling and delivering of patient-specific medications to the nursing units
- Fill medication orders for hospital-owned physician practices
- Fill and maintain Anesthesia carts (We use KitCheck)
- Pharmacy billing - minimal
- Ordering, Expiration monitoring, wasting, and crediting of medications in inventory
- Medication Reconciliation - complete med histories for admitted and discharged patients
- Clinical workflow responsibilities - assist the pharmacist with specific clinical workflow responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate will have hospital experience.
Education, Certification and Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Technical Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of PC equipment, calculators, prescription balance, and packaging machine.
- Communication Skills and Abilities: Communicate in writing and verbally in a manner that is accurate, timely, clear, and concise.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of aseptic technique and chemotherapy preparation.