Position: Pharmacy Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday- Friday, 40 hrs/wk
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Days, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed on Monday.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation, per SCA Guidelines
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
Certification: Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Basic Life Saving also required.
Experience: One year of experience as a pharmacy technician in the last 3 years.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician’s requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including placing new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing not in stock reports.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.