Title | Pharmacy Technician I
Location | Dallas, TX
Department | Network Operations, Pharmacy
Reports To | Pharmacist-in-Charge
The Pharmacy Technician will perform laboratory and pharmacy related duties under the direct supervision of an authorized Nuclear Pharmacist. This job involves working in a clean room as well as occupational exposure to radiation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the duties associated with compounding, dispensing, and distribution of FDG and NaF, including data entry with Pinestar for end-of-day reports and daily dose management reports.
- Ensure compliance with USP <797>, <823>, proposed <825> regulations, or other state pharmacy requirements as applicable, at the site level; maintain personal license in good standing through applicable state laws.
- Complete cGMP documents as required within SOFIE’s Quality Management System.
- Ensure aseptic operations follow internal procedures (gowning, cleaning/sanitation, sterility, environmental monitoring, etc.), customer requirements, and FDA regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform radiation safety duties according to SOFIE’s Corporate Radiation Compliance Program and site licensing requirements.
- Provide quality customer service associated with radiopharmaceuticals to physicians, healthcare workers, customers, etc.:
- Take orders from customers as applicable by state regulations
- Follow-up with customer inquiries
- Document pharmacy/customer complaints and immediately notify pharmacist
- Perform inventory management:
- Maintain production/QC/cleaning supply levels as appropriate
- Perform inventory reporting
- Perform material acceptance according to SOPs
- Clean classified and non-classified areas according to SOPs.
- Perform environmental monitoring of classified areas according to SOPs.
- Complete cGMP documents as required and assist site and corporate Quality Assurance as required.
- Attend internal meetings as required.
- Other assigned duties as required.
- High school diploma required; associates degree in chemistry, engineering, or natural sciences preferred. (As applicable to state laws).
- Pharmacy Technician Licensure or Certification as required by state law.
- Experience with sterile compounding and aseptic operations preferred.
- Efficient in the use of MS Office Suite required.
- Ability to work various shifts and weekends required.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, accountable, patient, organized, and work in a team environment required.
- Ability to communicate professionally with colleagues and customers, have excellent attention to detail, and be dependable and responsible in a fast-paced, highly technical environment required.
- Ability to lift ~50 lbs. required.
- Up to 5% travel required.