PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is the second largest institutional pharmacy company in America. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Midland is hiring Full-Time Pharmacy Technician I to join our team.
The Pharmacy Technician I assists with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- May reconcile and fill EDK (Emergency Drug Kit) boxes.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Licenses/Certifications: As required by government regulations and business needs.
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, oral communication.
- Must be willing and available to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm.
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!