SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Pharmacy Assistant I will perform administrative duties related to pharmacy dispensing as well as provides excellent customer service to patients and peers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure proper patient verification, interview patients, maintain, and document required patient information in appropriate patient profile.
- Working with the Point-Of-Sales (POS) system, including prescription check-out
- Working with QS1, Q-flow, Pick Point/Rx-Retrieve and Nextgen software systems
- Assist in daily maintenance of hard-copy prescriptions
- Call patient when prescription is ready to pick up
- Keep work area and equipment in a clean and organized condition; maintain a safe and efficient work environment. Perform cleaning and preventive maintenance of equipment when required
- Screen and refer any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a pharmacist.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Experience in customer service a preferred.
- Prior experience with Point-Of Sales (POS System) preferred
- Typing skills: 35 WPM
- Familiar with basic pharmacy terminology
- Must be able to cover all Pharmacy locations.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), Vietnamese, Spanish and other languages may be required depending on location.
- Fluency in other languages are an asset.
- This is an FLSA Non-exempt position.
- This is an OSHA high-risk position.