NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pharmacy Technician II.
In this role, the Outpatient Pharmacy Technician acts as an assistant to a Licensed Pharmacist by entering prescription data into computer, contacting insurance companies, filling prescriptions, cashier functions, maintenance of pharmacy robotics, ordering of medications and performing general organization of the pharmacy with attention to inventory control.
- Providing professional customer service at the front counter.
- Maintaining a customer-oriented workflow.
- Understanding of 3rd party insurances and follow through of insurance related issues.
- Computer input of prescriptions information.
- Professional filling of prescriptions (correct medication, dosage, and amount).
- Inventory Control (maintaining a lean inventory).
- Receiving and unpacking daily order and maintenance of stock.
- Ordering medications and supplies using applicable technology.
- Filing of prescriptions (as needed and directed).
- Cashier functions.
- Operating and maintaining the applicable technology.
- Maintain separation of site inventories.
- Assists with projects as directed.
- High School Diploma required.
- Pharmacy Technician certification required.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- Minimal 5 years recent experience in a retail pharmacy setting required.
- Excellent attendance at previous or in current work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 10 years experience or greater as a Pharmacy Technician in a busy chain pharmacy.
- Lead pharmacy technician in a retail chain environment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.